GENERAL DOJO RULES
- Students should enter the dojo 10 minutes prior to their class.
- Please sign in when you arrive.
- Shoes should be removed and placed neatly on the shoe rack.
- Students should wait at the edge of the mat for Black Belt permission to change.
- Students must be properly attired at all times.
- For safety reasons, wrist watches and jewelry (except for plain wedding bands) need to be removed when you change into your uniform (gi).
- It’s a good idea to bring a lock for your locker, since the school isn’t responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Change quickly! After changing, bow onto the mat and wait quietly for your class to start.
- If your class has already begun, do ten push-ups before joining the line.
- Any student with an injury must inform the instructor before working out.
- No profanity
- No gum chewing
- Line up quickly when called.
- Keep conversation to a minimum. It only takes away from your training – as well as interfering with the training of the person you’re talking to.
- All students must have permission from a Black Belt to leave the dojo floor.
- Bow when entering or leaving the mat.
- While in the dojo Black Belts should be addressed as “Mr.”, “Mrs.”, or “Ms.” 3rd Degree Black Belts and above should be addressed as Sensei.
- No kumite is permitted without direct supervision of an instructor.
- Safety is of prime importance.
- Any student who acts without regard for the safety of other students or intentionally endangers or injures another student will be suspended or permanently dismissed.